For all things Peter!

Tuesday 19 April 2011

'Idol' star Paul McDonald on 'Loosies' soundtrack




From MTV News:

"I was telling Nikki [Reed, McDonald's girlfriend and Facinelli's 'Twilight' co-star] I was looking for music for my movie, and she said, 'You should look through Paul's stuff,' " Facinelli recalled. "She was a big fan of his, I heard, and I thought it really worked for my movie, so I played some tracks over it, where we had temp tracks, and it just all worked. So I reached out to Paul, I sent him the movie, and he enjoyed it a lot, and he said he wanted to be a part of it, which I was stoked."
Facinelli added that McDonald's original music is really inspirational and fit well with what he was doing on "Loosies."
"He has a band, and his band stuff is very different then what he was doing on 'American Idol,' " Facinelli said. "I heard him on 'American Idol,' and I thought he was great, but when I heard the band, it's very distinct and has a voice of its own, and I like the originality of it," he explained. "So we'll probably use most of the music from the two albums he has out now on iTunes," which were recorded under the band names the Grand Magnolias and High Tide Blues.
"Loosies" revolves around a pickpocket in New York, caught up in a fast-paced, hustlin' lifestyle, until he is confronted by a woman with whom he had a one-night stand and is now pregnant. Facinelli is putting the finishing touches on the film before setting out to find distribution and hopefully a theatrical release.


To read the full article click here

Paul McDonald @PMcDonaldAI10  tweeted about his involvement earlier today


I'm super pumped about working with @peterfacinelli on his new movie "Loosies".http://bit.ly/eDtEIZ

No comments:

Post a Comment